With all of the wear and tear we put on our feet, it is no wonder that foot pain is such a common ailment. Triggered or worsened by an injury, here are some of the more common causes of foot pain:
1. Peripheral Neuropathy – caused by damage to the Peripheral Nerve, you may feel numbness and pain, burning or tingling.
2. Bunion – a bump that forms on the joint of your toe due to joint misalignment or an abnormality of the foot bone.
3. Gout – a complex form of arthritis usually caused by having too much uric acid in the blood.
4. Bruise – occurs when a blood vessel near your skin’s surface ruptures.
5. Broken ankle/broken foot – also known as a fracture, this condition requires urgent care.
6. Sprains and Strains – one of the more common types of injury, this usually results from some form of strenuous activity.
7. Ingrown Toenails – occurs when the corners of the nail grow into the skin, causing redness, tenderness and often bleeding.
8. Arthritis – results from an inflammation of the joints.
9. Tendinitis – a condition where the tendons that join your muscles to your bones become irritated and/or inflamed, causing pain and tenderness.
10. Plantar Fasciitis – the ligament that connects the front of your foot to your heel and supports the arch, when torn or damaged becomes inflamed causing pain and stiffness.
If you are experiencing foot or ankle problems, please call (973) 365-2208. While online, request your appointment at our office located in Clifton, NJ today!